I left it right here
I just hate it when I cannot find my car in the parking lot. I always feel like everyone in the world sees how stupid I look trying to find it. There I was pushing my little cart filled with all the veggies, fruits, meats, dairy, and of course, the extra large package of TP that was on sale for 20% off this week, around the parking lot looking for the car. I tried so hard to look confident, like I knew right where I was going. Whistling a little tune, a defininite bounce to my step, and my head held high, I pushed that cart all over the place trying to remember where I parked the damn car. They all looked alike, I should get one one of those little tennis ball thingies to put on the antennae. But then, wouldn't I see about a gazillion of those, too? Maybe I should memorize my registration number, but wait, I'd have to see the car first. Thinking about it, I wonder how many people know their registration number? Do people memorize it? I wouldn't know mine, don't think I've ever looked at it ... but, I digress. I wouldn't have felt quite so foolish if it had even been a larger parking lot, this one was just a run of the mill supermarket lot for crying out loud, not the Natick Mall. That extra large package of TP wasn't helping either, it was drawing attention to my predicament, it's hard to look confident with all that TP right up in front of the cart. It wouldn't fit on the bottom, believe me I tried ... which just drew more looks my way. Once, I thought I spotted the illusive vehicle but when I turned to go to it, another person was getting into the driver's seat. Now, I had to think about distinguishing things about my car. Aha, the bike rack on the back, the MFA sticker on the side window, the rainbow dog on the rear window .... now I can begin to narrow down the field. OK, I'll look for the bike rack first, then go from there. There ... right over there, near the eye doctor's office. I'm pretty sure that's my car!!! Let's see ... all right, yup ... there's the bike rack, sticker, and rainbow dog. Yes, I even think those are my registration numbers!!! If not, they are close enough. Eureka, I found it, next to the bright yellow Hummer ... right where I left it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home