Well, the living and dining rooms look pretty damn good if I say so myself. I figured out after wrenching my back and various other body parts, that I should enlist some help from the male of the species to move things like a piano away from the walls to be painted. All the work was worth it ... now I have a beautiful "new" living room to gaze upon. New curtains, clean windows, and even the framed art work is all windexed and squeaky clean. It's amazing how yucky a room gets to look after 10 or more years of the same paint job ... especially with two smokers in the house ... the white paint had a definite yellow/brown shade. Now, being a year and a half into non-smoking, I fully expect never to have to paint those walls again in my lifetime. Of course, you notice I say it was all worth it now that it is done. I was very tempted to say, "Of, the hell with it all, let's do this in the fall." But I didn't, I perservered and once I got the guy to help out, everything went smoothly and all I have left to paint in the fall ... well, the front and back porches and at least the front of the house. If I plan it right, maybe the guy will paint the house part next Tuesday while I am away for the day. That's too easy, it will rain and he'll get to sit, relax and enjoy the day without me around keeping him busy with a chore or two!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home