Escaping Dot

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

how ya chewin'?

Why is it that every time I go out to eat, I order, get my food, and just sink my teeth into something good ... that is the time the waitress will come over and ask the question? It never fails, it's worse than going to the dentist and being expected to converse while he/she has 10 fingers and 3 instruments in my mouth!! Yesterday, it happened again. I had wanted and waited all day for the lobster salad sandwich that my taste buds were going to fall in love with. I knew lobster was what I wanted, I didn't want a run of the mill hamburger or chicken sandwich, for once, I was going to eat like my tummy deserved goodness. I wasn't going to eat just because I had to eat. I ordered, and it came with French Fries and a regular salad, plus a big, tall icy glass of iced coffee. Oh boy, I was ready for the epicurean experience of my week. When it was placed in front of me, I had to first just take a moment to gaze upon its delightful promise of ultimate taste pleasure. Then, I gently picked up the sandwich, raised it to my mouth, took a bite, and began to chew and savor. At that precise moment the waitress came swooping over to the table with those infamous words ..."how is everything?" I just know she was lurking behind the large "seashells in the fishing net" decoration waiting for me to take my first long anticipated bite to pounce with her question. I really wanted to toss my ketchup covered French fries at her ( I don't like them, anyway ) but I figured that might be considered too combative and get me in trouble with some authority figure. I do not know why she couldn't have seen by the expression on my face that everything was more than OK. If I had needed any help or had any complaints, certainly, I would have called or waved her over post haste. Next time I go into a restaurant and the server comes over to ask me that question, I am going to have a litany of complaints. Of course, I will have to order something I don't really like. Maybe, I should rethink?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home