A day like yesterday comes along and I know that all I have to do is put a leash on Henry to experience the simple joy of being alive. It was Henry's first snow and we were going to celebrate his baptism of the snow in the forest. When we arrived to begin our early morning adventure, the forest was shining like the movie set from The Chronicles of Narnia, and as we began our walk I raised my arms to the snow covered pines and the blue sky to welcome the beauty Mother Nature chose to share with Her world. Henry, on the other hand, didn't know what to make of it ..."what's this cold, squishy, white stuff all crowding around my paws?" He walked in a couple of circles, did the dog lick thing to test the waters ... so to speak, then deciding it might be OK and safe for dogs, he stood on his hind legs against me ... gave me his "I'm gonna love this" look and began running nose down ... he was in doggie heaven sniffing everything out and looking like a canine snowplow. Sometimes, all it takes to be in balance with yourself and believe all is right with the world is a morning with a puppy playing in the snow!!

1 Comments:
poor henry!
Post a Comment
<< Home