I wonder why it is when I go to the deli dept, and order just 1/4lb of, oh say, salami. it always seems that the steel slicing machine is going to slice forever! I swear there is no cut off point ... it just keeps carving that slab of salami. It gets up a rhythm and the damn salami keeps dropping higher and higher on the sheet of deli paper. I want to yell out. "STOP, I only need 1/4 of a pound!" Finally, the deli person stops the seemingly out of control machine, wraps the salami, and slaps an amount and price sticker on the package. When I look at it ... sure there's a mistake and I have 16lbs of the stuff .... there it is ... clear as day 1/4lb!! Probably I should order by the slice, because by the feel of this order I have enough salami to make sandwiches for the entire US Navy!

1 Comments:
If only it felt that way at the ice cream shop......
Post a Comment
<< Home