Escaping Dot

Sunday, September 10, 2006

I thought my new puppy Henry might have some learning issues, but, I was wrong!! I left him alone for about a half an hour Sunday while I dashed to the local supermarket to pick up just a couple of things I needed. (We all know what that means ... 20 full grocery bags of stuff you all of a sudden need.) Well, it seems Henry is a bit of an escape artist, he got loose from his kitchen confines and had some fun in the living room! Didn't chew or leave me any other signs of his escapade, but I noticed the TV was on!! Yes, my very intelligent puppy turned the TV on ... now, I will say the show he was watching wasn't "Animal Planet" it was a rerun of "Green Acres", but you have to admit that's a pretty smart pooch to be able to find the remote and press the on button! On top of everything else, he made it back to the kitchen and into his doggie bed when he heard me return. By the time I got there, with my bags full of food, he was gazing up at me so innocently, wagging his whole hind end because he was so excited his human was home ... the poster puppy for cuteness didn't even realize he'd forgotten to turn the TV off ... does he think I was born yesterday? Well, maybe he didn't really know what he was doing with the remote, but then again .... ??

1 Comments:

Blogger pam n said...

lucky you! soon henry will be balancing your checkbook or taking the wheel when you're too tired to drive...

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home